Thursday, January 29, 2009
GONG XI GONG XI
GONG XI FA CAI!!!
May you all have a fabulous year full of happiness, prosperity, love and blessings. KIONG HI KIONG HI...
*please transfer my hong bao to my account ok! or for hampers...do deliver it!!
I'm back in Jakarta, home sweet home *haha.
Last week was busy with 'assisting' with the CNY exhibition at ITC and CNY preparation. Now I am relaxing at the office before the real work piles in. Went for a meeting at Plaza Senayan and Senayan City with the FoodHall people just now...just to so-called look look see see *heee. Life is pretty occupied these days.
Just gotten myself a new SIM card *hoo... so I am now contactable :)
and yeah... I left my gladiator shoes in Singapore, so I bought a new cheap pair of gladiator shoes at ITC *haha..proud heh!
Officially employed on 2nd February.. and will be going off to Gunung Kawi, East Java on the 15th.
Yeay....life is GREAT!!!
Labels: HaPpiNesS, LiFe
Posted by Ddee at 6:12 PM
Thursday, January 22, 2009
spill my beans
There have been too many when, why and what's next lately.
I kinda grow accustomed to the questions, but it does not mean I am willing to spill all my beans...*er...haha
Let's just put it simply...
when? yeah, I have done it. I submitted, I processed, I cleared, I paid (A LOT). I AM FREE.
why? to plan for my future. I am not going to stuck there forever like many of them. Brave??? yeah, I heard that comment a lot..but I am not brave. I just do what I think I have to do for now... no regrets at all :)
what's next? I am heading home and yeah.... I will be home for Chinese New Year. Lotsa food, lotsa hongbaos please... *yippeee...
So till then... Bye-Bye Singapore!!
See you again friends ^^v
Labels: inside-out stories
Posted by Ddee at 12:00 PM
Switzerland Day 1~ Lucerne
I took the tram from the hotel to the Zurich main train station...8 stops away.
I alighted, crossed the busy street and I saw this beautiful fountain with its water frozen.
I met Kate here and we headed to Lucerne, our first stop.
Lucerne is the most populous city in Central Switzerland
and focal point of the region, with a population of 57,890
, . The city's agglomeration
consists of 17 municipalities in three cantons
with an overall population of nearly 200,000
Due to its location on the shore of Lake Lucerne
) within sight of Mount Pilatus
in the Swiss Alps
, Lucerne is traditionally considered first and foremost as a tourist destination.
The most famous tourist spot is the Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrücke
), a 204 m (670 ft) long wooden bridge originally built in 1333, although much of it had to be replaced after a fire on August 18, 1993, allegedly caused by a cigarette that was thrown away.
Chapel Bridge is easily accessible from the train station. It is situated just right in front of it, so once you step out from the station just cross the street and walk towards the river.
Cross the street....see the river? That's the wide street with Chapel Bridge behind it... Plenty of birds and swans.... In front of Chapel Bridge...awww Shops along the river :) Kate and Diana at Chapel Bridge... woooowww That's the one!!!
Later on, we walked along the river. You can see the Alps from here...oh my!!
Can't resist taking the cute billboard! Even the birds know how to queue.... It's incomplete without the jumping pose ^^ Friends forever okie! I am happy. Be happy k! Woopsiee....
The big-fat swans... hehe
Thanks for the lovely trips...
Thanks for the companion...
Thanks for being my friend...
Take care dear...
Hope to see you, soon :)
Labels: ArOund The WoRld
Posted by Ddee at 12:39 AM
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Switzerland Day 1~ Murren
It was a LOONNNGGGG day for me. After flying for around 13 hours and working for over 15 hours, I headed straight to meet Kate after a shower.
We first visited Lucerne (one hour away from Zurich by train), walked around the city and its famous Chapel Bridge (pictures will be posted later on), had a light lunch and then took the train and a cable car to Murren (around 2hours from Lucerne).At 1,624m (5,327 ft.), Mürren is the highest year-round inhabited village in the Bernese Oberland.
Mürren has a population of just 450, but has 2,000 hotel beds. Tourism is popular through the summer and winter; the village features a view of the three towering mountains: Eiger
, and Jungfrau
It was exhausting, and the jet lag didn't help either. However, looking at those gorgeous panorama, one can forget the tired body and simply enjoy its beauty.
I am lucky! I am seriously lucky. My initial plan was merely to visit Lucerne. Then Kate told me why not we go to Lucerne, then to their mountain house *which is at Murren*
and then pay Interlaken a visit on our way back the next day.
I had sooooo much FUN.... My last flight was amazing and unforgettable!
Beware!! It is slippery... *sigh Picture session after our breakfast!!
I had to slowly crawl up....
Dan and Kate.
Kate's knee was injured when she ski-ed the week before.
So yeah... skiing is not for the faint-hearted *I mean me...myself...and I
Two clowns were found at Murren.... Thankfully it was a bit warmer on the second day coz of the sun.... *relieved Can you not fall in love with Murren?? Kate snow-sun-tanning!! Cool fire-hydrant heh?? Where to go next??
And this is the cosy house of Dan and Kate where I spent my night.Love it!! whoaaaaa
to be continued...
Labels: ArOund The WoRld
Posted by Ddee at 2:25 PM
Switzerland Day 2~ Interlaken
lemme tell you 'bout my trip to Switzerland. I had the chance to meet Kate and Dan. Went to Lucerne, Murren and Interlaken before headed back to Zurich and flew back to the tiny red dot
Let's start with Day 2...
We paid Interlaken a visit on our second day. According to Kate and Dan, her boyfriend, Interlaken is more like an Asian town in Switzerland. True enough, out of the Interlaken Ost train station, I straight away noticed a Chinese restaurant and then a poster of Korean restaurant.
I met more Asians along the way as well.... yuhuuu....
Arrived at the Interlaken Ost train station We saw a pretty Japanese garden during our walk And a church behind the garden...all covered in snow
Switzerland definitely has an undeniably gorgeous natural scenery...
If I didn't have to be afraid of falling sick, I'd have had rolled over and over again on the snow... hahaha
Yeah... we ARE at Interlaken baybeh!! On the background is the famous Grand Victoria Hotel, the best hotel in Switzerland for 2007. Yummy....
A trip is not complete without a great companion. Thanks Kate!!!
See you again owkayy......
Labels: ArOund The WoRld
Posted by Ddee at 1:35 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
The pain is still bearable. The swell is yet to be obvious.
but time is running low...super low in fact.
I went to see a dentist today, after hm....I-can't-remember-exactly-coz-it's-way-too-long-ago... 4 years? 5 years??
I only wanted to do come cleaning before Chinese New Year and ehm..ehm..while I assume I am still entitled to it.
But then the pain attacks....
The dentist said it was a wisdom tooth infection. Ouch... where the gum blocks the tooth to grow. The tooth needs to be extracted.
Now.... the things are:
1. It it not only 1 tooth. There are 3. Three of them!! Although there is only one creating some problem now.
2. Man...why must it be now? I mean... Chinese New Year is coming (I wanna eat good yummy food), I am going back to Indo... and hell yeah... no more entitlement from tomorrow onwards.
3. Ugh... gotta fork out my own money in Indonesia then...
Oh... mirror mirror on the wall... why must it happen now after all??
Labels: IdLe MoM3nt, SiGh~
Posted by Ddee at 7:45 PM
Saturday, January 17, 2009
suck to the max
just wanna say...
yeah, YOU suck!!!
ps: You refers to a so-called best airline in the world... tell me about it!
Posted by Ddee at 8:42 AM
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
see you there
I am leaving for my last flight!!
Kate, can't wait to see you in Switzerland...
ps: 10 more days love...
Posted by Ddee at 8:28 PM
Monday, January 12, 2009
just the two of us
Finding you is a treasure
Being with you is an endless blessing
Loving you and being loved in return is my life's worth
When two persons meet and decide to be together
So much love, so much happiness, so much laughters, so much smiles, so much hopes
and so do expectations and compromise
All blend into one.
I am happy...
I am sure we will always be alright...
but I do have my down moments too,
and so do you.
p.s: Never thought my tear glands still work pretty well ....
Posted by Ddee at 1:14 PM
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
nothing is rarer than you to me
Deep inside the darkest cave
Sweet as the fruit of a twisted tree
Nothing compared to the love I gave
In the hope that your love would come back to me
Rare as the flower in the snow
Rare as the love that will not grow
I'm as rare as a man as you can see
Nothing is rarer than you to me
Accidentally found it in a piece of paper that wrapped The Notebook dvd, burned by moi love.
Labels: Excerpts, LoVe
Posted by Ddee at 12:51 PM
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Copy the list below and bold all of the ones you have done. From Wan Xin's blog.ps: Non bold ones mean HAVE YET TO BE DONE!!! haha coz I have no clue how to put them back to the original colour *lol
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby’s diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said “I love you” and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Longed around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don’t
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Ridden a motorcycle
78. Broken a bone
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Played in a band
118. Danced at a disco
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in an historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Visited Africa
141. Flown in a helicopter
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking
144. Learned how to take a compliment
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hotel
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter
Posted by Ddee at 12:26 AM
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Ho Chi Minh part 2
Long over-dued pictures of Ho Chi Minh...
Sorry people... I am just so so so lazy and not in the mood to blog... maybe the new year's air is just 'different' hohoho....
The traffic in Ho Chi Minh... packed with motorcycles :)
And we visited the famous Cuchi Tunnel. It's a man-made tunnel stretched over 200km which was used by the Vietkong to fight the Americans during the American war. WOW....
The narrow tunnel that left us breathless...*wondering how they can survive... Yeah...that's how tiny it is...
We also paid Cao Dai temple a visit, 3 hours away from Ho Chi Minh.
Lunch with the group....from Malaysia, China and The Netherlands...
I learn that the safest choice when you have no clue on what to order in Asian countries is to order RICE!!!
Ok..this really shows my laziness ;)
Take care...and oh...HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009
Have a great one!
Labels: AdVentUre, ArOund The WoRld
Posted by Ddee at 9:45 PM