Tuesday, December 26, 2006

another day has gone..

I had one of the best Xmas party ever in my life last Saturday. Not solely because I don't celebrate Xmas and thus the few fingers that can be used to count how many times I've attended such gatherings, but it was because the sharing that we had.

And sharing... is always caring ^^

A potluck party it was. From delicious Bishan's Hainanese chicken, home-made sandwiches and soup, unique and man-cooked Bhindi and Prata from Pakistan *I lurve this* to amazingly cute and yummy Middle Eastern cookies and Bristish tea. Sharon, Lucia and I tried to show our cooking skills by making banana choco which is supposed to be easy. But it was a disaster due to wrong choice of chocolate although it tasted nice *appearance can be deceiving*.

As usual, AIESEC is not complete without the dances and rollcalls. So, there we were...dancing the evening away and tried to shed some carbs *Thx that the neighbours didn't complain hehe*.

'I have never..' was the game of choice for that evening. And being the innocent angel as always, I could see some dissappointed faces when they could not make me drink *I chose green tea coz I can't drink*. But it was FUN looking at some people making fun of themselves *wakaka... and knowing them better.

At midnight, some of us invaded Jacqui's room and played 'Hotspot'. This games is where everyone takes turn to be the hotspot and the rest can ask any questions. From life, experience, relationship, aspirations to the most random questions that you can think of.

What's the most challenging event in your life?
What's the nerdiest thing you've done so far?
If you could change your nationality, what would it be?
What do you think have changed you the most for the past one year [means since I was elected as President of AIESEC in NTU this January or when I started my internship till now]?
What do you look for in a relationship?
Describe yourself in a sentence!
and many more...

I love such games coz I get to know my friends more and more, and in a way I feel as though we are more bonded. It was not easy to be the one who answered especially when the you don't want to give too much answer, or you simply have no idea how to respond. Yet, I don't mind sharing whatever I can and hope people could learn a thing or two from my experience or simply provoke them to think forward.

I am still glad I was there. Thanks to my members who organized it *really proud of you all...and thanks for those sumptuous meals yeah... . Thanks to Cecilia to let us use her condo. Thanks to everyone who came and made the most out of it. Thanks for all sharings. So happy.

Awh... Sharon mentioned that her fave song lately is What hurst the most by Rascal Flatts. She sent me the song before but I never really noticed the lyrics until she claimed that it was a great one. So... yah I browsed it, read it, and here it is... it is nice..and deep and meaningful.

Again, as a mellow Cancerian.... it is getting lonely here ^^'
and I don't like it.

S*it...

l..................................................................................................
........................o.........................................................................
...............n..................................................................................
.....e...................................................................................l........
........................................................y.........................................
...................................................................................................

***

What hurts the most
~ Rascal Flatts

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do

It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ It
It’s hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I’m alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
Is being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do

What hurts the most
Is being so closeA
nd having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do
Not seeing that loving you
That’s what I was trying to do

Labels: , ,

Posted by Ddee at 12:58 AM

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home