Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Been absent for a while...
Quite losing the drive and inspiration to write...
But the past IS the past...
Now that I AM BACK...
It IS what matters :)
don't you agree?
Posted by Ddee at 1:50 PM
Friday, August 07, 2009
On the verge of falling....
Posted by Ddee at 11:41 AM
Thursday, July 30, 2009
1. The new store is NOW open!!!
Blomst is open, so do come down and let us know what you think. We are at Jln. Sultan Iskandar Muda no 9, Arteri Pondok Indah. Still figuring what we are doing??
We sell variety of artificial flowers and decoration items, from vases, trees, candle holders, ribbons and so many more.
Hoping for weekends to come so at least I can sit down and enjoy a bit. Moreover, we are expecting much bigger crowds on weekend.
2. Baby Nathan is over a month now, almost two in fact. One thing for sure, he doesn't act like a 1-month old baby. haha... oh man if only you could see it by yourself, you'd agree in no time. He smiles when you talk and praise him, he cries when he's ignored, he entertains himself by 'singing' alone hahaha
not so 'charming pic of Nathan hahaha
3. I...oh... WE ARE flying over to Singapore. We a.k.a mom, Yohan and I. Going to take a trip to China with lil sis and friend. Ugh...so looking forward to this one.
4. Sorry...gtg now.It's over 8pm now... ciao
Posted by Ddee at 8:55 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Braces really kill heh
Already lost around 2-3kgs :)
Slowly will gain back those loss...sigh, and I thought I'd be happy to shed some fatsI WANT TO EAT YUMMY FOOD!!!
Posted by Ddee at 5:55 PM
Saturday, July 04, 2009
congrats bride and groom
Today is an auspicious day to get married, I believe.
I know at least 4 couples who are going to be officially husband and wife on 4th July 2009.CONGRATS!!!
Posted by Ddee at 12:42 PM
Monday, June 29, 2009
The blog has been pretty deserted since my return to Jakarta. Partly because of the lack of Internet connection. Partly because I am simply busy. Partly because I am too lazy to write things when I have the time.
So now that I am pretty bored in the office doing nothing... here comes more updates:
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY to THE BEST MOM ON EARTH!!!
Mucha mucha love and hugz...
- Sis is back in town for slightly over a week. Haha rameee....
- Exactly a month from today, the new artificial flowers and decoration store 'BLOMST' at Pondok Indah is open. That explains the busyness lately.
- Baby Nathan is simply adorable and cute. He is less than 2-weeks old but he already wants to move around on his tummy *haha...
- Every time Grandma takes off his 'diaper', he will innocently pee - on her *wahahaha cuteeee leh
- Watched Transformers 2 - Revenge of The Fallen last night with bro, sis and love. A bit draggy imho, but the three of them love it. So yeah... I don't want to spoil their mood
- I am going to need a really nice break and holiday after all this while. I want my vacations backkkkkkkk........awwhhhh
- Hate to see my dry and problematic skin....
- Promise not to have my hair cut for at least the next 6 months. Possible or not heh?
- Braces hurt. But it helps to lose some baby fats. It is challenging to have a decent meal without having the meat or veggie, and even the rice stuck between the teeth and wire. I miss having some good food!!!
It is only 5pm now, but it is getting really dark and cloudy outside. I want to go home and sleep.... or watch some nice movies ;)
Take care... Dee signs off
Posted by Ddee at 5:36 PM
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
I've gotten myself a new friend in life.
To accompany me day and night; through sweet, spicy, salty, bitter and sour.
I am still having my early adaptation. I am pretty sure my new friend will help me to accomplish my short term goal which is to shed some baby fats *hahaha
Labels: LiFe, muahaha
Posted by Ddee at 11:29 AM
Thursday, June 18, 2009
* Yippie yippie Kayee......
Good news for the whole world!!!*drum rolls...
I am OFFICIALLY an AUNT!!!
Welcome to the world, Nathan!!
Your aunt gonna love you like crazy hahaha
Labels: HaPpiNesS, LiFe
Posted by Ddee at 6:26 PM
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Bye bye wisdom teeth....
Labels: LiFe, muahaha
Posted by Ddee at 4:22 PM
Saturday, June 06, 2009
Now that I am back for 'good' in Jakarta, sometimes I do miss my old life. NO, I do NOT regret my decision to come back.
It is like those times you missed your childhood times.
It is like those times you missed your hi-school period.
It is like those times you smiled when thinking of your first love.
I miss my old traveling times. Just the travel part. Not the working part *hehe.
I miss the thrill exploring new places, trying out new dishes, taking unfamiliar public transport, seeing strangers and learning their unique lifestyles.
I decided to leave those frequent traveling privilege behind. Simply because I have a better and greater cause to come back.
Now that I miss those traveling times....
Now that I am back because of him...
Now that he is away for a couple of days...
Now I realize I miss him more than my traveling time.
So...yeah... I made the right decision to come back.
Can't help not to miss you even just for a day.
Labels: LiFe, LoVe
Posted by Ddee at 2:59 PM
Friday, June 05, 2009
Extracted 2 out of my 3 wisdom teeth....
Surprisingly, the dentist was fantastic. No pain, no major bleeding...
I can even eat a bowl of char siew noodles and a bowl of dessert after the operation.
but yeah, she costs quite a fortune.
Posted by Ddee at 4:14 PM
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Currently am addicted to Mafia Wars...*call me late or what haha*. Thanks to moi love and his bro.
Arrhhh.....please join my mafia gang and let us rule the 'world' hahaha
ps: need to exercise real bad.
Labels: LiFe, muahaha
Posted by Ddee at 6:23 PM
Friday, May 29, 2009
tell me about it
I hate it when people break their promises and commitments. Who doesn't? right?
But why.... why....
You called the candidates for a job interview. They agreed. Yet, on the day itself, not even their nose bone were seen. What a commitment?
How do these people think people will hire them if they cannot even walk their talk? Unprofessional at all.
Yeah... call 30 people, 20 agreed, 5 came.
Then you call another 20 people, 15 agreed, 9 came.
Haha...guess life in Indonesia is always full of surprises. You can predict nothing.
Posted by Ddee at 2:22 PM
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
back to reality
Back to work again ;)
On one side, I am excited to go back and finish my work.
But on the other side, I don't want this holiday to end.
Awhh....but holiday needs a lot of money too. Where on earth can I find someone who wants to pay for my holiday?
No work, no money. No money, no holiday.
Posted by Ddee at 3:31 PM
Friday, May 22, 2009
Cathay vs SIA
The 13.5 hour flight from San Francisco - Hong Kong, followed by an over 3hour flight to Singapore were a dreadful one. The thought of being an economy passenger was really scary, even up till now *of course things will be different if I were in Biz or First class...haha.
So, here are what I like and dislike from the flight: *ugh..we were in 3 different airports, 3 different countries in that particular 24 hour.
Likes & dislikes:
- The stewardess are pretty tall and slim, especially the young ones. But they can't beat the 'beauty' of SIA stewardess. Their grooming is not consistent unlike the one that mentioned before: different nair polish colour, some with black ribbon and hair net and some don't, etc.
- The seat sucks to the max. It does not recline as per usual, but the 'seat' slides forward, leaving your spine and back hurt after such a long flight. The good thing is you still have your leg-ro0m as the seat in front of you does not recline and take a big chunk of your space.
- Their Boeing 747 is pretty new. Their interior colour is so much nicer than SIA's 747. The entertainment system looks similar to the SIA 773R and A380. Larger screen, interactive entertainment, large varieties of movies and TV shows *but I have no idea which one has more selections although I can be quite sure that SIA provides newer movies selection.
- The water tap is outside the galley and next to the door. So, passengers can fill up their cups and bottles easily by themselves.
- They also put juices and snacks on this spot. However, passengers who have no clue that they can get some snacks to nibble on here may miss the opportunity *haha. In SIA, the snacks are distributed by hand.
- The blanket is incomparable to the SIA's 773R blanket that is as smooth as a baby's booties *hee....
- The toilets are dirrrrrrttttyyyyyyy *especially for long-haul flights. Wet floor, tissues everywhere, no toilet paper, etc.
- The flights were pretty smooth except some turbulence here and there, but announcement were made immediately after the seat belt sign was on. Oh...and the announcement were clear and understandable too.
- The in-flight store was pretty comprehensive too. Lots of items and selections to choose on. Too bad, they only receive payment by card. No cash.
- The Silver-kris magazine on SIA is more appealing and informative, I suppose. SIA dedicates a whole new book on their entertainment, but Cathay puts everything into one book.
- Cathay has much more leg-room on the rows with bassinet points *the basket for babies* which is really thoughtful and cool. Yeah...SIA makes use of all the spaces that they have.
- Cathay only switches on its entertainment system after took off, although they put the headsets on the seat pockets. But hey, for safety reason, this is actually a more appropriate way to do it rather than distributing the headset after took off, but the system was on when the plane is on-ground *hm hm...SIA crew, I know how it feels when the passengers get mad for this stupid thing. The world now has what is called personal ear-piece, headphone, earset, etc. Cathay....you rock here!
- Cathay provides instant noodles for snack. While SIA limits their instant noodles quantity, but they provide a better snack choice and meal too.
- Service wise, Cathay can do better. I personally dislike the crew wearing masks on board. It makes me feel like I am entering a contaminated area and I bring viruses to these poor people. C'mon...we want to see your face. It helps in building rapport towards a greater height of service level.
- Even on the long-haul flight, the crew did not go out with bar cart *where all the drinks are put onto the cart and they push it along the aisle to serve you. They only serve juices with trays. Ah...and no special cocktails or mocktails stated in the menu *as I can remember.
- No magazine in Economy class
Alright, I guess I was being demanding. But yet, I can't really figure out why they were chosen as the best airline in 2009 when I think SIA gives more *and that's why their crew work ten times harder, I think.
See you on my next trip then.
Labels: inside-out stories
Posted by Ddee at 8:43 AM
Unwillingly flew back to Singapore and then Jakarta later in the afternoon.
Hiks...I want more holidayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
- back to the USA
or I might end up just going to Bandung...aiyaya....
Posted by Ddee at 7:17 AM
Saturday, May 16, 2009
sleepless in seattle..er....sleepy
Been walking blocks and blocks away in Seattle. The concierge suggested to take the monorail or bus, but we walked instead. It is a nice city. Relax, laid-back, simple, small, serene, ... . I personally like it :)
On Day 1, right after we checked into the hotel, we went out for lunch towards downtown and Pike Place Market. Passed by the very first Starbucks with its original logo. Paid Pike Place Market a visit....love it. Then we had lunch at Japanese Gourmet Restaurant.
Well, basically everyday we walked down to Pike Place Market and around downtown area. Pioneer Square, the Piers, Space Needle and EMP, the State Post Office and so on. FUN yet tiring.
So, overall in Seattle, we had 2 Japanese meals, 1 Chinese meal, 1 real Mexican meal *and it's super super delicious...whoaahahha, 1 Thai meal and 3 American breakfast. Slurpee....definitely gaining weight.
Posted by Ddee at 1:59 PM
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Currently am in Seattle, lying on my comfy bed :)
We were at Las Vegas before we flew here. It was HOT HOT HOT, unlike the rainy and cold Seattle. There, we went to Grand Canyon, one of the seven wonders of the world, and passed by Hoover Dam, the largest dam in the USA *prolly in the world too....no clue haha
We went to the West rim of Grand Canyon, visited the Hualapai tribe and ranch for lunch and I got to hold a gun from one of the cowboys *heee....beware Hollywood, there's a new cow-girl in town LOL.
There are two points in the Grand Canyon West:
- Eagle point *resembling the eagle
- Guano point *literally means Bat poo....
The Guano point is more beautiful in my opinion and it is farther up than Eagle point. But... if you've been updating yourself, there is a new attraction at the Eagle point. It is the Skywalk. According to its name....it is walking in the sky. Will post some pics up next time.
well....gotta go now....take care
Posted by Ddee at 1:38 AM
Sunday, May 10, 2009
report from sfo
The weather has been crazy. One day it was sunny in the morning, warmer in the afternoon and then freaking cold in the evening. And today when we woke up early to pay Farmer's Market a visit, it was cold in the morning. Sigh....never really master the art of dressing here in SFO *hahaha
We went to Farmer's Market and bought a portion of Beer Battered Asparagus Tempura. Yummyyyyyy.....especially since our stomachs still follow the Asian timing. "They are confused," said moi love haha. We don't feel hungry when dinner time is up, but we starve when it's midnight. Oh...I experienced how Americans do their laundry here, just like in movies *Interesting...hahaha
Yesterday was a really tiring full-packed day. We were up from 4am and felt hungry. He ran to the nearest 24-hr Carl's Junior a few blocks away to buy us early breakfast. We were out from 8.30am till 10.30pm and felt exhausted by the end of it. Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Palace of the Art, Legion of Honor, Golden Bridge, dinner at Emeryville and then Ferry Building in the late evening. Wowww...achievement!!
Okay...we're off to Las Vegas and gonna catch "O" by Cirque du Soleil tomorrow. 3 days in Vegas and 3 days in Seattle. Hopefully we'd do great...coz he's having cold now due to the windy weather in SFO.
get well soon baby... and enjoy life all!!
Labels: HaPpiNesS, LiFe
Posted by Ddee at 10:21 AM
Friday, May 08, 2009
tomorrow is the day....
still tired and jet-lagged
but hey, bought a pair of sports shoes from REI today. my new brand shoes: SALOMON, highly credited by moi love *haha
good news, the bed is great and comfy :)
Posted by Ddee at 11:20 AM