Tuesday, January 08, 2008
188.8.131.52... here I come
Let's see wazzup with the beginning of 2008?
- Countdown was done in dreamland. I was too bored and tired to wait for the celebration, I ended sleeping at 11pm. Venue: Adelaide. Weather: HOT
- I bought myself a new cargo bag from Samsonite for my long-haul flight (discount applicable haha). Apparently the crew said mine is still pretty small and inadequate for some flights (read: shopping spree)
- I had my first announcement on board for my Jakarta turn-around flight. Seriously, it was much easier than Denpasar flight..but still..it's too short for our long list of duties. Owh...I met my uni friend on board *hehe...my name is just too unique I suppose
- In the end, a passenger's smile makes it all worthwhile. Can't agree no more! Note: be a kind and understanding customer k :)
- People keep asking and telling me about my hair-style. I'll just take it as a compliment then. It's low-maintenance (except that I have to trim my fringe at least twice a month), easy to style and most importantly... I don't have to wake up early to 'bun up' my hair
- Went back to London after 11.5 years. The architecture kinda reminds me of Ukraine, I think it must be that European touch. Still expensive and conservative.
- Those were longggg 12-13 hours flights and tough. We didn't have time to relax, sit down or chat. Noodles, sandwich, beers, water, chips, etc... although we've just done a couple of rounds of drinks and so on. Sorry people... but sometimes it's just too much to bear.
- I find it really really hard to smile... after working for over 7 hours... over demanding inconsiderate pax... and some attitude probs *ck ck ck... I was simply to tired of all those. Definitely a lesson learnt for an amateur like me.
- Had my first long flight with highest allowance thus far. I was meant to arrive back on Tuesday, but I got called-up and here I am...back in Spore on Monday. A day earlier... lesser allowance... and now I have another stand-by rostered *huhu
- Thank God I have great supervisors and colleagues so far. Keep blessing me throughout my whole journey please...
- Went to Oxford Street in London for some shopping. I've been pretty good at managing my spending thus far. I spent less than 75pounds in total, while another friend spent over 60pounds in Primark itself *the funny thing is... she only exchanged 100SGD which is equivalent to around 33 pounds hahaha
- I had my first breakfast at the hotel. And also the first time I had breakfast with my ward leader (so-called my team leader who's responsible to assess and supervise me throughout my career)
- I saw Jackie Cheung at Changi Airport *wahahaha... He looks decent, clean and yummy. But unfortunately, he is not so tall *sigh
- In need of masseur and an assistant to run my errands.
- Therefore, WANTED: A masseur or taxi driver as best friends *hihihi
Here is where we contributed to UK's economy :)
Posted by Ddee at 1:25 AM