There Are Some Things Guys Should Always Do For Girls. Period.
0. There are always exceptions to this list. The foundational exception is when you actually talk to the her and she says something different than what is included within this list. These suggestions don't provide you with the holy grail of dating or offer you the Ten Commandments for the Ladies Man, they're simply a push in the right direction for being a gentleman.
1. Open doors when possible - whether it be to a building or the passenger car door. The classic example that's stood the test of time.
Frankly speaking, it's so rare these days. It is like trying to find delicious chili in Ukraine *haha*. But don't get me wrong, the men in Ukraine still do this and I am glad I was there to experience it. Guys...it's an added point :)
2. When in a place of worship (or other places that have aisles and pews), if a man is at the end of the pew, when exiting he should stand in the aisle and let all the females go before him. (This seems odd to some people, yet normal for others. If you don't get it, don't worry about it, okay?)
Ladies first....don't you think so? It's just a basic courtesy...
Imagine when you're walking out of the door and suddenly a guy passed and just walked in front of you out of the door...heyloooo
3. A man should tolerate the occasional chick flick, musical, opera, or ballet - whatever her preference is - *without* complaining about it! (Because the guy may just like it.)
We don't ask you to LOVE or LIKE it... just accompany us and try to enjoy it! *haha....torture?
4. Play one of the songs that would make any woman weep like the little girl she once was (but in a good way). A brief list includes, but certainly isn't limited, to:
"You & Me" by Lifehouse
Anything by Frank Sinatra
Any rendition of "Everything I Do, I Do it for You"
"Collide" by Howie Day
"Out Of My League" by Steven Speaks
And MOST IMPORTANTLY "Question" by the Old 97's (if you propose to a girl with this song, she is putty in your hands).
("Putty in your hands" is not meant to promote "using women" in any way. This group does not encourage guys to be polite in order to get her into bed.)
Yeah.... I like Lifehouse, Frank Sinatra, Brian Adams and Howie Day hoho
5. Talk! The strong & silent bit goes from intriguing to boring quite fast.
Talk when needed.... not over... not too little... we are not simply a chatterbox, we are quite a good listener too
6. Find out what her favorite flower is and buy them for her randomly (regardless of the situation you might be in). A simple yet profound truth: a single rose says more than dozens of anything else. (I encourage the women to not allow a guy to "prove himself worthy" through gifts and flowers and such. Trust is a precious thing and it should take a good chunk of time before he gains it back in your heart.)
IMHO, regardless of whether she is a sweet-feminine-type or sporty-yet-adorable kinda girl... we LOVE flowers :)
7. If you miss her, or love her, TELL HER! Even your friends like to hear it every now & again.
YES YES YES..... but don't use it for granted, coz we know!
8. Re-enact Zales commercials (the ice is nice but certainly not mandatory).
No idea what it is...
9. Remember: the best gifts you can give are usually free of cost.
AGREE!!! Hint: S*all l*l th*ng is all that matters
10. Leave a note (or send a message) just to say "hi".
*sheepish* at a considerable amount k
11. Ask her questions about herself.
If we want to share, we will :) If we don't, that's too bad
12. Dress nice every once & a while. Any girl likes to see her brother/friend/boyfriend/etc. in a well-ironed button-up with some nice slacks.
What else can I say....of course I won't resist haha
13. PRIDE & PREJUDICE ...that's all I have to say about that (I mean, that should speak for itself). (It's even more impressive if he has read the book.)
No...you don't have to. I'm ok with that :)
14. Tolerate small children as best you can. Meaning, put up with the things that can get annoying. They're children, after all. Show them love and care, teach them how to become a better man than you. (You were once extremely irritating. Get over the obnoxious kids and enjoy getting down to their level - not "for her", but for the good of yourself and others.)
We enjoy the 'fatherly' side of men, we hope you could share the burden and this includes children
15. Learn to dance! There is nothing sexier than a man who can dance really well. If God did not bless you with the grace of Fred Astaire, at least put forth the effort, it will be greatly appreciated. Always slow dance (even if it's just like you danced in middle school). Also, men, sing to a lady. Even if you're terrible, suck it up! They love to listen to it and will not care what you sound like. It's the thought that counts on this one. Unless you're just downright terrible, nothing sexy about that.
I couldn't agree less! d*rn...
16. Kiss her on the forehead.
17. When she's sick, stay up with her. If you can cook (which is *always* a plus), make her some soup. If you can't cook, there's Campbell's soup at hand for you.
Or just bring us your mom's cook. It's the intention that counts.
guy: Hi, I bring you pizza... your fave Hawaiian chicken
girl: Ahh...that's so sweet of you. But the doctor said I'm not supposed to eat 'junk food'
guy: Too bad then. I'll help you to finish it lorrr...
18. Pretend to throw her in the pool (or fountain/pond). If you really do throw her in, you'd better jump in yourself. **NOTE** There are some women who just hate this apparently, so you had better do two things: 1) Never allow your buddies be a part of it if you're unsure of how she feels about getting thrown in and 2) You had better know how she feels about it!
Ho ho ho... tricky
19. Hold her hand while you talk, drive, or just for the heck of it (it's the small things that win you big points).
yup yup...small things that count!
20. LOOK IN HER EYES, NOT AT HER CHEST!!!!!
21. Stupid jokes = awkwardly adorable moments.
Y'know what.... I'll smile everytime I think about those moments *haha
22. Tickle her, tease her, let her tease you back without getting all bent out of shape about it.
23. Don't call her hot, or pretty, or cute; call her beautiful, because that's what she is. (I don't think cute is that bad, but definitely stay away from "hot" [it's so overused and superficial] and step "pretty" up to beautiful or gorgeous or stunning or captivating or...)
What's wrong with 'cute'? Owh..but do u know that it means slightly different things in Asia and Western countries?
24. Offer her your jacket/sweatshirt. (Note: you may not see that particular item of clothing for a while, if ever again).
And if she said NO... it doesn't mean she doesn't like you. It might be... but it might not to... it could be that she's shy to do that :)
25. Don't be too proud to apologize.
Things that I can't understand up till now.... *sigh
26. It's not stalking to watch her sleep if you fall asleep watching a movie. It is stalking to watch her sleep if you're standing outside her window with night vision goggles.
27. When she feels at her worst, tell her she looks her best.
Although we may not believe you 100%, thanks for the effort to make us feel much better :)
28. If you're trying to get more than friendship out of the relationship, take it slow and never rush her.
hmm.... friendship vs relationship?
29. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you are completely incapable of calling when you say you will, it just means you are highly incapable of it. There are few acceptable answers to, "Why didn't you call?", & being male is not one of them.
So, why didn't you call?
30. Don't check out other girls in front of your female friends/sisters/mother, unless you are sincere when you later ask them if you think she could introduce the two of you for more reasons than you "want to get some". Pull this in front of your girlfriend/fiancee/wife, she has every right to clock you in the jaw.
Don't you think it's rude... and to be honest, we don't like b*st*rd for sure
31. Guys - always offer to pay for the date. No matter how expensive it gets, especially if YOU asked HER on the date. [if she is willing to pay now and again, don't let your "man pride" get in the way of her wanting to give back to you. she should understand money can be tight - especially when you're always buying]
32. Always do everything in your power to keep her as happy as you can. And cheer her up in any way possible. [if she isn't always happy - and i've never met a girl who is - don't be afraid of her and don't be stupid and always, unquestioningly, blame it on PMS. be there WITH her when times are tough and she wants you there.]
learn from this *haha
33. When walking on the sidewalk, always walk on the outside near traffic. (So everyone has a different opinion for how this started. For some, it's because of the human waste that was getting thrown out the windows when this was happening a century ago. The woman walked under the overhangings extending from the buildings with the guy in the open to take the mess if need be. Others say it's from the guy's scabbard/sword being on his left with the woman walking on the right. As for today, it's the traffic and puddles and what-not. Whatever it is. It's just a courtesy thing, if it seems necessary.)
We do feel safer if we're on the left side :)
34. At least do everything in your power to keep cursing to a minimum while around her. If you can, cut it out period while around her, or cut it out of your vocabulary. Women don't want to hear it, guys don't care about it, adults don't want to hear it, it doesn't impress employers, and you sure won't want your children or someone else's to hear it!
How you speak shows how you behave too! and we don't wanna end up be the trashbag -hearing all your curses
35. Sometimes you have to take the initiative. Don't always wait for her to come to you, because if that's how it always is, you're going to lose her.
How can you be so sure she's going to come to you?
36. If any lady is walking alone to her car in a dark parking lot/garage, or is carrying a heavy load, always offer to help walk her to her destination and carry things, if not the entire load. **This may work a lot better and come off non-stalkerish if you at least know the girl you're trying to help. Haha thanks to a LOT of people on this revision.**
37. If a woman says no, let that be her final answer with maybe one question of confirmation after her first answer. Do not pressure or force her in any way after that. Don't make her give in to something she doesn't want to do.
38. Always be honest with her. No woman wants or likes a dishonest man. If you can't be honest with her, she can't trust you, and shows you don't trust her enough to be honest. Trust, honesty and integrity are just as an integral part of a relationship and just as important as love.
39. A man should always genuinely listen to women; no matter how bored or busy the man is. Actively listening to the woman will keep him from pain (and bring the man and woman closer together). This works best, of course, when both the man and the woman actively and equally engage in conversation (this includes listening). For the ladies reading this, please talk - always talk - especially if you are having problems with the relationship and to also avoid making bigger problems.
Okie...point taken :)