Sunday, January 08, 2006

first post

Dear diary,

How's your life going on? Does it go as what you expect it to be, as what you want?
Me...I have to say it's tough. I am spiritually tired.

At work, it's not really what I expect it to be. But maybe this is just the beginning and it would turn better as time goes by. I am demotivated to be frank, but I am not totally unhappy. I am just discontented. I expect more....

Keep telling myself: "Hey, this is the beginning of the year, one of the executives is away for holiday and they are having restructuring at the moment, so they don't have time to brief you and intro you to the others."

But how true is this? I shall wait for the next few weeks.

What my supervisor told me was I will be doing a lot of financial stuffs. Mention those Purchase Orders (which we are not supposedly do acc to the announcement by the Head Secretary), Invoices, Travel & Expenses, Premiums Order, chasing payment and so on. Sigh...It's a dry work.

However, I am glad that she actually invited me to join their meeting (Ad Sales, Client Services and Marketing Dept.). It's a total FUN. They had a very effective meeting in less than an hour. They were joking around, teasing each other and yet still throwing alot of creative ideas for the upcoming premiums for the year. I couldn't stop laughing at them....or with them? hehe BOTH.

Meanwhile, my life at AIESEC is taking another step upward. I am running as the president for NTU Local Committee. It is a lot of work to do. A lot of pressure. A lot of hopes. A lot of expectations. A lot of readings (yeah..stacks of them which I printed at my office *psst....dun tell em k!)*. A lot of preparations.

However, as I've been spending two night of reading some of these stuffs before I slept, I now realize and know more things about AIESEC that I find irrelevant and hard to relate to. Gosh...I am actually part of this huge, professional organization. And what excites me more is the fact that it is run by undergradute students. The youths....and that is, PERIOD.

I had a Meet The People (MTP) session at SMU [one of the unis in Singaporewhich is strategic ally located in the city, with lots and lots of cafes *huhuhu who doesn't want?*. It was my very first experience of MTP during my years in AIESEC. I was nervous and I don't think I did well. The feedback given by the chair was I have to learn more about AIESEC knowledge, to find out more about each departments involve. Yup....Will be having extensive crash course on Tuesday with the rest of the candidates.

Another two MTP sessions will be held on Wednesday and Thursday at NTU and NUS respectively. Hope I can do better. Hope I'll survive through the currents *hahaha* and hope my supervisor will let me have early leaves for these sessions.

Btw, it's not bad to have the Meet The Parents session too....hehehe *daydreaming*. In accordance to this, must definitely ask Suhu for tips *wink*.

So yeah, that's how I spent my first week of this new year.

Ow...Holiday at home rocks...karaoke, shopping, eating, gaining weight, meeting families and friends, watching DVDs, keeping tracks of the gossips a.k.a. Infotainment *haha*, catching up and sharing of stupidities are GREAT.

Take care everyone....and wait to hear from you.

ps: My first post for the new year [hope this is not the last *muahaha]



*****

Dare You To Move
by Switchfoot
Welcome to the fallout
Welcome to resistance
The tension is here
The tension is here
Between who you are and who you could be
Between how it is and how it should be
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
I dare you to lift yourself up off the floor
I dare you to move
I dare you to move
Like today never happened
Today never happened

Posted by Ddee at 7:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home