Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"Ban Zhang, ni pao de tai kuai."

(Class monitor, you're running too fast)

We couldn't follow you...couldn't run with you...

A friend in high-school once wrote this to me. When we were exchanging the class picture to be written messages and signed, I received this message... from a friend, a friend whom I was not closely related back then, a friend who was playing around, a friend who live-today-to-the-fullest-kind of friend.

Shocking huh!...

Yes, shocking enough for me. For I didn't expect such message, for I didn't expect it from such a friend, for I didn't expect him to understand...
For I didn't expect it myself...

Did I run too fast? Did I leave my friends behind? Did I have no time to enjoy the 'flowers on the roadside'? Did I realize what I am doing with my life? Was I alone? Was no one able to catch me and run with me?

Suddenly, this memory snapped me again today. Again...coz this is not the first time I recalled this message. Am I still running too fast? Am I leaving my friends behind? Am I alone?

Don't I get tired? Don't I wish that I live a 'normal' life just like others? Don't I want to 'look around' and enjoy what I have instead of merely looking straight to the front?

On my second thought, I always enjoy my holiday at home.
It's always the time when I don't have to do anything, just sit back and relax.
It's the time when I can take off my shoes and stop running.
It's the time when I can just talk about anything else and they understand.
It's also the time when I can let them hold my hand and guide me when I'm lost.
It's the time when I can lean my head on their shoulders when I need to rest.
It's the time when I can be sure that nothing weights more to them than my happiness.
It's always the time when I know I need not fear because they will always support me and run with me.

So, tell me now...Should I run? Should I slow down? Should I quit?

*Runner.....signed off.

***
not a perfect song for this post, but look at it from different perspective..and it might work ^o^

Ordinary People - John Legend
We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cuz we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow

Take it slow
Maybe we'll live and learn
Maybe we'll crash and burn
Maybe you'll stay,
maybe you'll leave,
maybe you'll return
Maybe you'll never find
Maybe we won't survive
But maybe we'll grow
You never know baby youuuu and I

Posted by Ddee at 12:38 PM

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home