Monday, December 12, 2005
Yeah...finally I'm back again.
But solely for a week before I head back to my home sweet home in Jakarta for another 2 weeks *muahaha*.
Can hardly wait!
It was a FUN, CRAZEE, BORING, STRESSFUL, TIRING, ENTERTAINING and BENEFICIAL
event. Nothing is perfect, that's why I also put boring and stressful above.
AIESEC National Leadership and Development Seminar [NLDS] is an annual AIESEC Singapore Conference. This year NLDS was attended by more than 50 delegates, excluding those non-AIESECers, the organizing committee and the facilitators. [I like the fact that not-so-many-people attended this conference as that means we have greater bond and we know almost everyone in the room -90%++ I would say].
- Surrounded by friends [note that I put FRIENDS here, coz WE ARE!!] of 10 nations: Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Vietnam, Chine, Philippine, Africa, USA and Japan.
- Befriending 'em...hauhauhauhua
- Bunches of rollcalls and dances [exercise keeps you away from Doctor]
- Inspirational speakers with realistic topics
- Reflection of own passion and life [hey, how do you want your life to be? how do you see yourself in 5 years time?]
- Networks with people from different nations, institutions, races, occupations and so on
- Sabo-ing a groupmate to be the representative for our NLDS Night where he has to cross-dress as a woman [make-up, sarong, fake-balloon-boobs, accessories and crash course from how to act like a woman to how to impress the judges with smart answers and actions - sexual innuendos always work best *hauhauhaua]
- Teasing friends with their new female names, e.g: Miss Erica from Eric, Miss Bibi from Bobby..hihi *pizz dudes, you guys looks fabulous on that...'dress' and make-ups
- Learning a new traditional dance from Padang. Yey..I can dance!!
- Poco-poco on stage? hahaha...
- Winning a bottle of Stella Artois beer with Putu for doing greeting in Belgian way....
- Bargaining ala Glodok for an AIESEC Tee from Univ. Andalas hihi
- Those sleepy faces, droopy eyes, but full of spirit bodies
- Sweet sugacubes.....sorta pigeon-holes for otehrs ro write messages
- Yummy lunches and dinners [not the breakfast...coz breakfast only makes me starve more]
- The panic while trying to find someone who can lend me black pants or skirt as I was informed 5hrs before the event that I'd be sitting on the same table with the Advisors
- Yummy...yummy..yummy..Gala Dinner at a fabulous Kent Ridge guild house and Sat on the same table with the Board of Advisors during NLDS Gala Dinner [nervous....huhu]
- Great and cheesy guitar performances by Imran and MJ
- Meeting my dearie trainee-friends...from Hungaria, Mexico, Canada, French...etc
- Staying late till 5am in the morning and woke up late [due to group project and endless sharing with an old friend]
- Gossip session with my one-day rommmate hehe
- A delicious 10pm-dinner last night with Indonesian delegates and several groupmates at Thai Express.... *fat..fat..fat...
- Winning the PBOX group proposal *yeah....the sleepless nights finally paid off
- Another 3 bottles of beer in my refrigerator now for winning prizes
- and so many more....
And yesterday or I should say this very morning, I arrived at my room at 1.20am. Superbly thirsty after a long walk from Hall 10 to Hall 8 then to Hall 14 [plz refer to NTU map for detail] while carrying my bags and horribly tired. God Bless I don't have to work today... *phew
Oh..talking about work shift, I was actually planning on visiting my dearest sis in KL this Wed-Sat when Cit2 is taking her time off from her Volleyball trainings and competitions. However, too bad that my manager apparently forgot to update my availability for this week's schedule [I SMSed him during NLDS], and I end up having work shifts on Tues-Fri and Sun. Nophie, next time k!
Hm....for you guys who want to travel, air asia is having its birthday and giving out free 2millions airflight tickets. How?
Log on to www.airasia.com
Put in your destination and date of travel at the left box [only for travel between 10Feb-10Oct]
It would then show the price for the ticket...if it's free then you just have to pay for tax and other surcharge such as fuel.
Maybe I'm gonna try to book to KL haha
Off now, I'm still tired...sleepy...and hate the fact that my PC is 'sick' [refuse to be alive aka cannot on]. Thaaa....
Posted by Ddee at 3:29 PM